Friday, November 7, 2008

2 Month Well Visit

We went for Andrews 2 month well visit checkup today. Tim was able to tag along since he was off today. Andrew has really grown since mid Sept. He is now 12lbs 7 oz and 23 inches long. I couldnt believe it. I knew he was at least 10lbs but I never dreamed he was over 12. He still seems so light. As for his length I wasnt surprised since he is growning out of most of his 3 month clothesd because of length. In fact I am packing up quite a few things that are in his closet because they are getting to small.

Dr. Reedy said that Andrew looked perfect and that we need to have more tummy time over the next few weeks, so I am going to let the girls at the daycare know and hopefully they can do this with him during the day to build those neck muscles. I will make sure I have more floor time with him too when we are home.

He also had to get shots today, he has been runnng a low grade fever the past few days due to a cold he cant shake. He really hasnt been fussy like he doesnt feel good, he is eating good and still having good diapers so you would never know he has a fever. So we have been treating it with tylenol, humidifier, and his matress is elevated to help him sleep better. So far it looks like it is almost over, I hope so. Hopefully he will sleep okay tonight and not be bothered too much by the shots.

Daddy is babysitting tomorrow most of the day so mommy can go shopping with Aunt Barbara for a few hours. I know he is kind of nervous but I have all the faith in the world in him, he will do fine.

Andrew is now smiling, cooing and following Tim and I around the room with his eyes. He has become much more aware of his suroundings this week. I have seen the biggest difference in his interaction and alertness. I am so happy to see this, I have wanted so much to interact with him more. He melts my heart everyday with all the new things that he discovers and I get to discover it all over again with him. Well that is all that I have for now. Not many pictures lately, I have been bad about it. I promise there will be pictures in the next post.

No comments: