Wednesday, February 18, 2009

5 Month Update

Feels like it has been a while since i have updated but when looking back it has only been about 2 weeks. I was late with his 4m update so I guess I am right on schedule with this one.....even though he technically snuck a week in on me :)

As usual work and home life have been very busy. Andrew has had 2 bouts of ear infections the past couple of weeks so there has been a shortage on sleep because he would wake up in pain. That is finally over now and it looks like teething isnt too far behind. It just never ends!

Just a few small changes from last month:
  • Latest Weight: 16lbs
  • Now rolls back to tummy
  • Seems to have forgotten how to roll tummy to back :)
  • Found his feet
  • When in a laying position he is trying so hard to work those ab muscles to sit up.
  • Eats more solids....we have moved past cereal
  • Growing out of most of his 6m clothes due to his torso.....this boy is long! They fit fine in the arms but his legs are no match. We have moved to mostly 2pc outfits now since the 1pc dont seem to fit just right.

That is all I can think of right now. He is so funny how he will reach a milestone and practice it for a few days and then forgets all together how he done it the day before. I watch in amazement most of the time.

Pictures to follow:


I broke down and bought Andrew a Bumbo seat with a tray. I just thought it may help him sit up more and work those belly muscles too. Not to mention there will be lots of traveling in our future and the tray will help a ton!


The past 2 weeks in NC have been gorgeous! We have been walking outside in the neighborhood about everyday. I love my treadmill but anytime i can get us both outside it is a nice treat esp in the middle of Feb. Here is Andrew all bundled up on the day the weather started turning cooler again. It was our last 60 degree day and we took advantage with an hr walk. I also wanted to make sure his ears were covered the wind was up that day too. Isnt he the cutest?


Here are a few tummy time photos. He is getting so much better at getting up his elbows and looking around. He rolled over to his back quite easily on this day but like I said above he seems to have forgotten that he can do that now. He is practicing back to tummy instead.


A few shots I couldnt go without. The hands in his mouth are classic Andrew at this age. He has a lot to say too!


Here he is again practicing his bumbo skills. He can only handle it for so long before he gets tired. He is going to be sitting up in no time!


First taste of Green Beans.......

{What is this???? I liked my oatmeal just fine!}

{No more!}


These were taken on Friday before Valentines Day. What handsome Stary men I have. I am the luckiest lady in the world!

Well the next few months are jam packed as Spring comes upon us, March especially. Looks like we will be making a small but needed visit to Mimi and PoPos for a weekend and then many other things going on in between. For now though we continue to watch this little miracle grow and change everyday.

No comments: